Brisbane Sustainability Agency Pty Ltd ACN 099 480 010 (We, Us) is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
In this policy:
- Personal Information has the meaning given under the Privacy Act.
- Privacy Act means the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Related Entities has the same meaning as under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Sensitive Information has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act.
- Services means the offers and services provided by us or the companies and individuals who work with us.
- Websites means the websites owned or operated by Brisbane Sustainability Agency and include:
Collecting your Personal Information – General
To promote and provide you with our Services, administer our operations, comply with our legal, insurance and governance obligations, we need to collect Personal Information. This may be done via our Websites, if you contact us and provide us directly with information, by registering for an event, providing us with feedback, if you supply us with goods or services or otherwise contract with us, in the course of our providing you with any Services, if you complete a form, survey, calculator or other document or otherwise engage with us.
We collect any Sensitive Information if it is necessary to meet legal, public interest or other obligations in relation to the provision of the Services or our relationship with you.
If at any time you supply Personal Information to us about any other person (e.g. another member of your household), you represent and we accept that information on the basis that you are authorised to do so and that the relevant person has consented to the disclosure to us.
Collecting Information via online facilities
There are a number of ways in which we collect information through our Websites.
We use online analytics services (e.g. Google Analytics) to collect data (but not Personal Information) about your interaction within a Website.
The purpose of the online analytics services is to improve your experience when using our site. The types of data we collect with these tools includes:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format)
- device screen size
- device type, operating system and browser information
- geographic location (city)
- referring domain and out link if applicable
- search terms and pages visited on our website
- date and time when pages were accessed on our website
If your web browser has ‘do not track’ enabled, Google Analytics will not track your visit.
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website.
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies before accessing our website. This may, however, limit your access to or use of some parts of our Websites.
Embedded videos on our Websites
Embedded videos on our Websites use commercial video players. When you play an embedded video from one of our Websites, the video and associated assets will load from the domain associated with each player.
The only data collected by Brisbane Sustainability Agency from the embedded videos relates to the frequency it is viewed.
Email lists, registrations and feedback
Online calculators, quizzes, forms and other interactive tools
To deliver our Services, we offer online tools such as calculators, quizzes, forms and action lists. The purpose of these tools is to provide feedback on your sustainability potential (such as carbon emissions, energy savings) and provide tailored actions, tips and resources.
When using these online tools, we may collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, organisation name, job title, address, and information about your household, as well as energy, transport, water and waste usage, bills and habits.
Social networking services
We use social networking services to communicate with you about our work. When you communicate with us using any of these services we may collect your Personal Information for the purpose of communicating with you.
Social networking services also have their own terms and conditions and privacy policies which affect the way your Personal Information is collected, stored and handled by the social networking service. Before accessing and using any social networking services, you should review and satisfy yourself as to the way in which they will deal with your Personal Information.
Using your Personal Information
When you provide us with your Personal Information it will be used to:
- communicate with you;
- provide our Services or facilitate third party services;
- process your inquiries and improve our Services to you;
- advise you of additional services or information which may be of interest to you;
- develop existing and new products and services; and
- maintain and update our business and governance infrastructure and systems.
Some specific data is collected via online facilities and is used as identified in the relevant section below.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any other person or organisation unless:
- you have given consent for us to do so;
- we are authorised or required by law or a court/tribunal order to disclose;
- disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health, or safety or any individual or to public health or safety;
- we have reasons to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, or may be engaged and the disclosure is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- the person or organisation is providing services to us and is required to maintain the same or similar privacy legislation principles.
We will take all reasonable steps to permanently remove or de-identify Personal Information about you if it is no longer needed. However, we may retain Personal Information for longer periods, including:
- in IT back-ups;
- to enable compliance with any law, court or regulatory requirement;
- for the prevention of fraud or other unlawful activities;
- for insurance and governance purposes; or
- to resolve disputes or actions by a regulatory authority.
Protecting your Personal Information
We will take reasonable step to protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. While we do all we reasonably can to protect your Personal Information, including by investing in security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
The open nature of the Internet is such that information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you send us any information, including your Personal Information, it is sent at your own risk.
You should also contact us immediately if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your Personal Information
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way; or
How your information is stored
We endeavour to keep our information systems and files secured from unauthorised access. Our procedures to securely store Personal Information include electronic and physical security measures, staff training and use of password protection software.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will remove or de-identify the Personal Information as soon as reasonably possible. We may, however, retain Personal Information for as long as is necessary to comply with any applicable law, for the prevention of fraud, for insurance and governance purposes, in our IT back-up, for the collection of any monies owed and to resolve disputes.
How you can update, correct, or delete your Personal Information
You may request access to your Personal Information or correct any inaccurate or out-of-date information by contacting our Privacy Officer using the details below.
You may request the source of any information we collect from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, unless under the Privacy Act or other law there is a reason for this information being withheld.
If there is a reason under the Privacy Act or other law for us not to provide you with information, we will give you a written notice of refusal setting out the reasons for the refusal except to the extent it would be unreasonable to do so and the mechanisms available to you to complain about the refusal.
More information about your rights and our obligations in respect to privacy and information on making a privacy complaint are available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner through the website www.oaic.gov.au.
OAIC address: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
OAIC email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brisbane Sustainability Agency Pty Ltd owns or licenses all content on this website and we assert our right to be recognised as the author of original material on this website.
Brisbane Sustainability Agency supports the sharing of information and the use of the website content for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under copyright legislation. Where Brisbane Sustainability Agency material is used, you are required to provide appropriate attribution to Brisbane Sustainability Agency and observe and retain any copyright or related notices that may accompany this material as part of the attribution
Notwithstanding the above, you are not permitted to reproduce or reuse content on this website for commercial purposes.
Brisbane Sustainability Agency distributes the information on this website as a general reference source.
This website contains links to other websites operated by organisations other than Brisbane Sustainability Agency. The other websites are outside of Brisbane Sustainability Agency’s control and links are provided for your convenience.
Despite our best efforts, Brisbane Sustainability Agency makes no warranties that the information in this publication is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
Brisbane Sustainability Agency disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including through negligence) for all expenses, losses, dam.