WasteSMART Brisbane Awards
Recognising individuals and groups going above and beyond for our environment, helping to create a clean and green Brisbane
About the program
Brisbane City Council developed the WasteSMART Brisbane Awards to champion the achievements of residents, communities and businesses who undertake ‘waste smart’ activities and practices to create a clean and green Brisbane.
This awards program was introduced in 2020 to align with Council’s Waste Smart strategy for the city and is delivered in partnership with Brisbane Sustainability Agency.
Brisbane City Council is proud to announce the winners of the WasteSMART Brisbane Awards with an impressive number of nominations received this year, all of them an inspiration in reducing waste in our city.
Twelve winners were announced at the Lord Mayor’s Awards Ceremony at City Hall in November.
This year there were nine award categories including the All-Star Award recognising long-term commitment to waste prevention and reduction, and 12 awards, with a prize pool worth over $4,000.
The finalists were judged by a panel, except the People’s Choice WasteSMART Award which was voted on by the public.
WasteSMART Brisbane Awards judging panel
- Jeremy Crowley (Director of Corporate Operations at The University of Queensland)
- Shannon Gorman (Alliance Operations Manager at Cleanaway)
- Damian Nikolov (Partnerships & Sustainability Manager at Containers for Change QLD)
- Tracy Melenewycz (CEO of Brisbane Sustainability Agency)
- Sam Mullen – (Sustainability Specialist at Brisbane Sustainability Agency)
2023 WasteSMART Brisbane Awards’ Sponsors
The WasteSMART Brisbane Awards were proudly sponsored by Containers for Change.