Get up to $20k funding to make your business greener & reduce power bills
Do you run a local business? Our free Grant Readiness Service can help you apply for a government grant to reduce power bills and lower your emissions.
The Grant Readiness Service from Brisbane City Council’s sustainability agency Brisbane Sustainability Agency can help you access a slice of the Federal Government’s Energy Efficient Communities Program, due to be launched by the government mid-2020.
Small businesses can apply for a grant of up to $20,000 with no co-contribution required.
This is a free service to aid economic recovery in Brisbane and help local businesses be more sustainable.
How you can use the funding
While details of eligible activities for the grant will be confirmed by the Government when launched, these may include:
- Equipment upgrades such as new energy efficient air conditioning, refrigeration, hot water and LED lighting
- Energy audits to pinpoint energy use patterns across your business and see where the opportunities lie for savings
- Smart tech like monitoring systems to better monitor your energy usage.
Who is eligible?
- Small businesses turning over less than $10 million per year
- High energy-using businesses consuming over 0.05 petajoules each year.
Register your interest
- Register your interest in CitySmart’s Grant Readiness Service by completing this form.
- We’ll provide you with further information on the grant program as it develops.
- If you’d like to take advantage of the grant program, we’ll discuss your business needs and arrange an introduction to relevant services and suppliers.
- We’ll support your business to get ‘grant-ready’ (subject to the final release of full program guidelines) and to submit your grant application.